Bourbon Maple Bacon Vinaigrette With Brussels Sprouts
- 6 thick slices apple wood smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup sugar chalet bourbon barrel aged maple syrup
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 1/2 lb cooked brussels sprouts (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 375°F.
- Place bacon on a sheet pan with sides, cook bacon until crispy about 15 min.
- In a container with lid or salad dressing shaker add Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup, white wine vinegar, chopped chives, and mustard.
- When bacon is done, drain drippings into the maple vinegar mixture, finely chop bacon and add to container.
- Secure lid and shake until the ingredients are all combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over Brussels Sprouts or Salad Greens.
- Refrigerate after use.
- YIELDS 8 OZ
Maple syrup can be a great natural substitute for sugar in many recipes. 3/4c syrup is approximate to 1c sugar, but the liquid in the recipe often needs to be reduced.