Grilled Salmon with Spicy Bourbon Maple Glaze
- 2 center cut salmon fillets (6oz each)
- 1/4 cup sugar chalet bourbon barrel aged maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne peppers fresh or dried (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small clove fresh garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- PREHEAT GRILL.
- Mix together Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and garlic.
- Lightly oil grill grates.
- Place Salmon skin side up. Grill for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes flip Salmon and brush top with half of spicy bourbon maple glaze.
- Cook for 5 more minutes until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Top with remaining glaze before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley
Maple syrup can be a great natural substitute for sugar in many recipes. 3/4c syrup is approximate to 1c sugar, but the liquid in the recipe often needs to be reduced.