Oven Roasted Swordfish with Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Butter
- 2 swordfish steaks (6oz each)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup room temperature butter
- 1 tablespoon multicolor coarse ground peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar chalet bourbon barrel aged maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons of oil (vegetable, grape seed or peanut oil)
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 400°F.
- In a small bowl mix together Bourbon Barrel Maple Syrup, room temperature butter, lemon zest and half of the salt and pepper.
- In medium sauté pan heat oil over medium heat, season swordfish with other half of salt and peppercorns.
- Add swordfish steaks to pan and sear one side for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn steaks over and place in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove swordfish from pan and transfer to plate.
- Scoop maple bourbon butter on top of swordfish steaks.
- Let sit for 1 minute so maple bourbon butter will start to melt, garnish with chopped chives.
Maple syrup can be a great natural substitute for sugar in many recipes. 3/4c syrup is approximate to 1c sugar, but the liquid in the recipe often needs to be reduced.