Spicy Bourbon Barrel Maple Chicken Wings
- 12 chicken wings
- 1/4 cup sugar chalet bourbon barrel aged maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons course ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon finley graded ginger (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- PREHEAT VEGETABLE OIL TO 375°F.
- Fry chicken wings for about 10 minutes or until internal temp of 165°F is reached.
- While the wings are cooking, mix Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup, vinegar, black pepper, cayenne pepper, ancho pepper, red pepper flakes and ginger in a large bowl.
- Place cooked wings in bowl with sauce and coat wings evenly, cover bowl with plastic wrap and let them stand for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped chives and serve.
Maple syrup can be a great natural substitute for sugar in many recipes. 3/4c syrup is approximate to 1c sugar, but the liquid in the recipe often needs to be reduced.