Sweet & Sour Sloppy Joes
- 1 lb. ground meat
- 1/4 c diced onion
- 1 t celery seeds
- 1 T Worcestershire or Soy Sauce
- 1/2 c Ketchup
- 3 T Vinegar
- 3/4 c Pure Ohio Maple Syrup
- 6 T water
- Brown meat, drain; add onions and cook until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil, then simmer until thickens.
- Serve on hearty rolls or buns.
Maple syrup can be a great natural substitute for sugar in many recipes. 3/4c syrup is approximate to 1c sugar, but the liquid in the recipe often needs to be reduced.